The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Shorah

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Szark
Prolific Explorer
Prolific Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Shorah Reply with quote

Hello everyone oh and Marten Smile Very Happy Laughing Shocked Well I have finally made it here. I have just finished reading most threads and came across a few comments that I found interesting.
Quote:
People rarely comment on the announcements for The Cavern Today's podcasts or for CCN's CavernCasts.

Yes I have noticed that also. Maybe you can use the GoMe resources to create a Great Tree and CCN awareness. I did take me a while to find this site and other Uru related sites. I have chatted to people who only go on 2 forums due to time restraints, some spend most of their time in the cavern not getting the info and so on. Mind you most forums are pretty quite atm.
But to be fair to someone like myself 4 months into Uru. There is a lot to do and alot of websites out there with years of info on them. Takes a while to get around them all. Take time to find ones interests.
Quote:
Beyond a certain point, people take things for granted. We'll have to see what people post after we've completed the series. Will they realize we've reached the last one?

I personally found your series to be invaluable in understanding where we are up to regarding story wise. Chat logs are a pain.
Quote:
Yeah, I noticed that too. Funny Youtube movies get a lot of feedback, but our documentaries almost aren't getting any feedback at all. Perhaps the quality of the documentaries is so high, that people tend to forget that it's just being done by volunteers?

Maybe you have a point there Erik. The community seems to encourage individuals more than, dare I say it, a more professional looking effort.
One thing I have noticed though is that you haven't produced another episode for some time now. This in itself may result in apathy amongst the community. This hiatus dosen't help much either. Not a complaint just an observation.

Also I think yes people will notice when the series finishes.

Quote:
but they just don't get how much a simple message can mean.
Spot on Erik.
I do try to show appreciation for the time and effort people put into these type of projects. Well showing appreciation full stop is paramount far as I am concerned.
Now that I have commented on your forum I would just like to say a big heart felt Thank you for your productions. My wife and sat back in our comfy computer chairs with a cuppa and enjoyed. I am glad to see that you are nearly ready for another one. I look forward to it.

Take care
Szark
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Szark! Always nice to see a new name on the board, even nicer if that name comes bearing posts such as that one. I'm sure those involved in the documentary project will apreciate your comments greatly.
Look forward to seeing you about Very Happy
Erik
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shorah, Szark, welcome to our forums! Very Happy I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the documentaries and that you took the time to write a post about that.

Hope to meet you in D'ni some day! Very Happy
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Szark!

I really appreciate the comments. Smile

Two quick responses:

1. The remaining documentaries aren't on hold, they're just on "slow brew." While I hope to have an announcement on the next phase of this project soon, I cannot promise anything just yet.

2. You mentioned that it took you a while to find this site. That, too, is another project Erik, Tweek and I are working on (and partly why you may blame me for having not gotten further along on the documentaries Wink)
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten wrote:
Welcome, Szark!

I really appreciate the comments. Smile

Told ya so! Hey he even spelled it right (as opposed to me Razz )
janaba1
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Szark!!! Another warm welcome to our forums! Very Happy

An interesting and nice debut, thank you... like to see and to hear
more of you and your wife in the future... Have fun... Razz
Szark
Prolific Explorer
Prolific Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all your posts of welcome. It has lifted my spirits knowing that you are all a bunch of nice well meaning nuttters. Shocked Laughing Very Happy

Quote:
An interesting and nice debut, thank you... like to see and to hear
more of you and your wife in the future...

Thanks janaba1. You will here from me but my wife only watches from afar unless it is a new age or a new episode etc. My wife doesn't even want an avatar. So Uru is my enjoyment. Christine(my wife) proof reads all my stuff and sometimes helps me with the puzzles.

dcosgrove I use a spell checker. Laughing
Marten I like that "slow Brew". Laughing Laughing Laughing
Quote:
Hope to meet you in D'ni some day!

Erik that would be great. In fact i would like to meet all of you. Marten I think we have meet briefly once before. A couple of weeks ago I think. Doing Delin?

Anyways thanks again for the welcome and I will pop back every couple of days.
Tale care
Szark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> Feedback Loop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: