The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Episode One - "November 2003"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I going to see you on it tonight, Professor? Smile
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonight is all about Episode Zero.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna see!
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do I! Laughing Laughing
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Episode 1 Filming Announcement Reply with quote

The announcement for our first filming session is live. Late, but live.

Guild of Greeters // MystCommunity // UruObsession // DRCSite // CyanWorlds // UruLive

Edit OK, time for me to stop obsessively hitting the refresh button on six forums, and go home. Laughing
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, Marten!

I'll be away next week, I should be available to be Phil by Tuesday evening at the latest, though I expect to be back by Monday. If you need to film the Kemo scenes while I'm not around, it won't bother me if you find an alternate Phil.
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a stud, Marten! Very Happy

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As discussed in Project Structure, the new opening for Episode One:

Quote:

EXT. EDER KEMO

Long, slow flymode shot through Eder Kemo. The CAMERA will end at the Journey Door. This long crane shot will be interspersed with superimposed captions over a black screen.

SUPER: In 2002, the DRC and their Restoration Engineers focused on their work while few explorers wandered the Ages.

SUPER: In September, an Engineer named Phil Henderson disappeared while working in Eder Kemo. His final, cryptic message said that he had "found a way."

SUPER: In the following weeks, Phil's "KI" signal appeared and disappeared sporadically, but search teams were never able to locate him. One day the signal stopped altogether.

EXT. AE’GURA – TOP OF THE GREAT STAIRS

Slow camera flymode across the deserted Takotah alley and around the tree. The CAMERA will descend upon the barricades at the top of the stairs.

SUPER: In the following months, the number of explorers arriving in D'ni increased dramatically.

SUPER: Fearful of the impact these crowds might make upon the Restoration, and concerned that others might be lost like Henderson, the DRC erected barricades in the island city of Ae'gura to block off areas once freely accessible.

SUPER: Not everyone was happy with their "safety first" motto, including Douglas Sharper, a contractor assigned to restore the Age of Teledahn...

Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm back early!
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marten, I hadn't seen that opening, I really like it...
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's left to do for Episode 1?
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure. I think there's enough footage of the Sharper half of the script. And I know Marten is getting together with Zardoz again. I'd PM Marten to see if he's looking for a Phil for this session. Or, Marten could answer right here.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Askew wrote:
I'm not really sure. I think there's enough footage of the Sharper half of the script. And I know Marten is getting together with Zardoz again. I'd PM Marten to see if he's looking for a Phil for this session. Or, Marten could answer right here.

Professor: I can get those links to video footage for Ep 1 from you tonight - the new hard drive is up and running.

All:

Filming for Zardoz and Phil is occuring in Eder Kemo tonight on D'mala. It starts sometime between 7pm and 8pm Pacific - whenever Zardoz is done with dinner. (I'm not sure which Eder Kemo, probably Zardoz' if i I still have his invite.) We'll be reproducing the work we did for the preview video, then continuing with some more tricky bits (which will involve linking Phil out and back in again, which will be edited later for Movie Magic(tm)).

In situations where we are filming with only a single NPC such as Sharper or Phil, I've found that it is best for me to use two computers and run both the camera and the NPC. This method gives me the ability to see what the camera sees and position the avatar exactly where I want, quickly, without spending a lot of time dialoguing with others. So while others are welcome to join to observe the filming, provide entertainment, and to bring refreshments, I don't believe I'll need any additional actors. Though it would be a funny out-take to see four or five Phil Hendersons all standing around the Kemo door and saying "Whoa! Where am I? Whoa! Who are you? Whoa!" (We could save up little clips for an Episode 12: The Making Of...)

For Saturday's midday filming segment (Episode 2), I will not be able to play all of the NPCs. We need to represent the whole DRC in cavern. Also, quoting from the entry on the project calendar:

Quote:
This episode will include guest appearances by explorers representing the roles of the DRC members. In post-editing, we may use the likenesses of explorers that participate in this film to recreate portions of the scene on a private shard where we can more closely represent the appearance of DRC members.

So if we take that approach, we'll need a later get-together on Ashtar's shard with everyone taking on the appearance of the real DRC members, plus others dressing themselves up as the people who participate in the public filming, and then re-film as accurately as we can the parts with DRC members.

Thoughts?
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten wrote:
Thoughts?

Post a schedule of what yer filming where and when, and we can sign up for the times we are available. I'd love to help out, but until I see when exactly you would need us, I don't know how much I can commit!

~Rils
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this means you won't be needing me to be Phil in this case?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 9 of 15

Jump to: