The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

DRC Liaison Election, Part Deux
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'll be running again but I'll get behind anyone from the GT who does.
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycreim wrote:
I don't think I'll be running again but I'll get behind anyone from the GT who does.

Same here. I just don't have the time for it. But if you guys want it, go nuts, I'm behind you all the way! When the nominations get goin, we'll get ya'll on there.

Just out of curiousity, how do you (especially Brian and Prof) see being a liaison meshing with TGT? At the moment, they are primarily event organizers, but if the role expands do you think it would be a conflict of interests or an aid to whatever it is we're trying to accomplish? Up to this point there seems to have been little to no contact between the Liaisons and the DRC members, outside of the early town halls...

~Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question, Rils. Tough call. My main thoughts are...

1) It would be cool to have a GT insider.

2) If someone as well known (by the DRC) as Brian gets elected, it would be interesting to see the chemistry at work. If the DRC even cares, that is.

3) And really, who knows what interesting things may come about? I don't. Part of my interest is to see how it would play out.

Personally, I think we're going to see damn little of the DRC for the next few months anyway. But, it would be great to be part of the transition when the Cavern is re-opened.
Saxy
Community Orchestrator
Community Orchestrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I could really see Brian, Prof, and Eleri (we know she's good in the position already) being great liaisons. I'm just curious to see how being a GT member/officer and a DRC liaison would work. Don't you think the roles might conflict at times? (You have to represent the explorers at large when you're a liaison and put other agendas aside, methinks.)

Not all who wander are lost... (MJ fixed my sig!)
KI: 38931
Daedalus
Overseer / Architect
Overseer / Architect

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this round should be a lot more interesting, since it will run right into the grand reopening.

I'm gonna guess that the DRC will be back to their usual shenanigans, at least from an involvement perpsective. They're gonna need presence if anyone is to take them seriously again.
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Daed. And that's what I was wondering - are the Liaisons actually going to be a part of that DRC/Explorer dynamic, or continue as glorified event planners? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all they've done, and the town halls are just awesome. But beyond facilitating those increasingly less common meetings (for obvious reasons on Cyan's end), I'm wondering how big a role the Liaisons will actually play in the "storyline" aspect...
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rils wrote:
And that's what I was wondering - are the Liaisons actually going to be a part of that DRC/Explorer dynamic, or continue as glorified event planners?

I don't think anyone knows. Even Cyan Wink
Halvor
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been on D'mala for some time (summer and exams and all that) so I'm kinda out of the loop. Are the current liasons generally perceived as doing a good job? Are there any rules that says you can't be a liason twice in a row?

Oh, and are the DRC planning on continuing the liason program in Live? (what is the IC name for Live anyway?)
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the general concensus is that the liaisons have been doing a good job.

Yes, the current liaisons can run again. As long as they're nominated and seconded.

Don't know what the future of the liaison program will be in the future.

IC-ly, the DRC has been funded and are re-opening the Cavern to the public.
Eleri
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rils wrote:
I agree, Daed. And that's what I was wondering - are the Liaisons actually going to be a part of that DRC/Explorer dynamic, or continue as glorified event planners? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all they've done, and the town halls are just awesome. But beyond facilitating those increasingly less common meetings (for obvious reasons on Cyan's end), I'm wondering how big a role the Liaisons will actually play in the "storyline" aspect...

And that is the $100,000 question! Wish to the Maker I had an answer. We've been nagging/begging/kvetching about it, too. I certainly would like to be doing more story bits.

But right now we've used up all the IC explinations for what's happenign at Cyan. And anything else would jar the D'mala/Live boundary. Can't very well say they're working on Eder Kemo, when Eder Kemo is working just fine in D'mala, and you don't want to say they're working on other ages, cause that sets up an expectation of new content at launch.

My murky crystal ball thinks things will continue as they are, until Live is rolling, and then there will be more storyline involvement for the third batch of Liaisons. But I could be completely wrong.

I even brought up the idea of having IC and OOC Liaisons, since that's a tough line for some people to understand.

Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eleri wrote:
I even brought up the idea of having IC and OOC Liaisons, since that's a tough line for some people to understand.

I agree, and there needs to be a specific demarcation for liaisons in both roles. The same liaisons take both IC and OOC questions and, well, I'm not sure if it's directly related but even on D'mala, explorers have a real hard time getting "in cavern" at the IC Town Hall meetings.
Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an increased DRC presence would help with that. It's much easier to get IC if there's a story line to be IC with! I'm sure that once Live is rolling that will sort itself out.

Thanks for the post, Eleri, it's great to hear you guys have been thinking about that too. Guess we'll hafta wait and see... Wink
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no (read: very little) difference between IC and OOC.

::beats dead horse::

But I agree that there's not much point of interacting with the DRC until they start giving us something to interact with.

Rils
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel yer dead horse flogging, Brian. Unfortunately, for some folks, there IS a differnce between IC and OOC. Maybe not for most of us, but for some, yes. But that's all I'm gonna say on that.

Back on topic, the Liaison Nominations are open and running through Sept 16. You can self-nominate with a second or get someone else to nominate you and accept. Who's up for it - Brian, Prof, Eleri? Anyone else?
Fearless Leader
Fearless Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to do it, as long as the term lasts 6 months and doesn't get cut-off when Live launches as originally proposed. There's some debate about this currently, but it looks like they're going to move to keep the term at 6 months.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: