The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

D'Olympics.....Cross-Shard Event
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guild Master LaReh
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'Olympic News Flash

The D'Olympic Orgainizing Committee (DOC) would like to welcome it's newest member, ToriaUru as the Aussie Coordinator.

Toria will be taking charge of the Down Under crowd for Volunteers. She's got her finger on their pulse and we're happy to have her on board.

She will be working with Tyr-anun and Nyrph and she is in charge of organizing the Aussie Volunteers and making the Gahreesen Wall a feasible event for the D'Olympics.

Sometimes it's hard for some of us Northern Hemisphere people (me in particular) to remember that they're on a different set of times completely and are not able to make our Weekday Evening Meetings due to school, time difference, etc., so it's her job to put together a working team!

So, Welcome Aboard Toria!

The DOC President, Sh'aeri
Sh'aeri
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: D'Olympic FAQ's Reply with quote

I know that a lot of people have questions about the D'Olympics, so I've come up with a list of FAQ's. Please go to D'Olympic FAQ's for more details.

See you at the games!
DOC President
Sh'aeri
D'LA KI: 00021961
GOG KI: 00123545
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the updates, LaReh & Sh'aeri! Wink
URU Live KI #: 50911 MOULa KI #11697212
Sh'aeri
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: New Reply with quote

Ladies and Gentlemen:

It gives me great pleasure to announce the two newest members to the DOC.

Preacher and Klyx will be taking care of all press releases and posts regarding the D'Olympics. They are our new Communications Directors.

Welcome aboard!
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm going to miss out on the D'Olympics. Crying or Very sad My vacation starts Sunday 10/10 and I'll be packing much of Saturday. Oh, well. Maybe they'll hold Spring games! I hope to watch on Friday.
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry your going to miss the games Professor Crying or Very sad But have a great vacation. Going anywhere nice?
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to relax in the cool and balmy breezes of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Play some golf...eat some great food...rest, rest, rest...maybe hit some of the tourist traps......did I mention rest?
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Askew wrote:
I'm going to relax in the cool and balmy breezes of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Play some golf...eat some great food...rest, rest, rest...maybe hit some of the tourist traps......did I mention rest?

Cool that sounds really nice Smile Well I hope you have a great and relaxing time when you go.
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Preacher & Klyx! Very Happy

Professor, sorry you'll miss the D'Olympics, but I know you need the R&R... Just don't forget to ring back some Myrtle Beach T-shirts for us!
Razz
Sh'aeri
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to health reasons, Preachr46 has left the DOC and for the next week, Klyx will be out at camp...so for the next week, I'll be wearing two hats in the DOC, President and Communications.

I'm going to be trying to keep everyone in the loop and informed as we get closer to the games.

The D'Olympics have been moved to October 15-17. Deadlines for team submissions will be Oct. 8....also don't forget the Fashion Show on the 14th...Teams need to get their uniform descriptions in to me as soon as possible along with the names of a female and male model that will be showing off their new uniforms so we know who we're cheering for.

Rule books for Gira High Dive, D'Cathlon and the set up for the Heek Tourney are in the works. There will be no rules posted for Tent Climbing as it is an Exhibition Sport and we will be accepting rules suggestions for that event at that time.

Also we will be publishing the Spectators Rules of Thumb in the next couple of days.

We also need more volunteers to be reporters, Judges and monitors at different qualifying rounds during the games.

If you have any questions at all regarding the D'Olympics, please PM or e-mail me with them.

See you there!!
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh! I'll still be on vacation. Grrrr.....
Sh'aeri
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a new event report out about the D'Olympics....check it out...dniactivities.org
Mystlander
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sh'aeri,

Thank you for sharing your story behind the D'Olympics...

As a Greeter during Prologue, I met and befriended all of the people featured in the GoG film. When I first watched it, tears streamed down my face and I sobbed like a baby! Having known and worked with these Greeters for several months, I was clueless as to their RL health problems and disabilities, because they were always in the GoG Hood greeting new explorers with a wave and a smile, answering questions, and assisting them in their private ages. The GoG really is one big family, because I grew to love and care for them as brothers and sisters. The only difference, now, is that I include Terra, Cat'ja, Wolfie, Cats & Pepsi in my nightly prayers...

Sh'aeri
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Cone Clinic Reply with quote

A D'Olympic Update

Saturday, October 9th, Sudre is holding a Cone Clinic for everyone who is interested in the Cone Balancing Event. He will be explaining judging, scoring and techniques.

Tapestry Shard is being kind enough to host the event in the Amber Horizons hood at 3pm EST.

So, Saturday, 3pm EST, Amber Horizons Hood, Tapestry Shard.

Stay with us for more news.
Sh'aeri
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Volunteers Needed! Reply with quote

Volunteers needed

The DOC requires the following volunteers for a variety of positions to help for the upcoming DLA D’olympics:

Event

Marathon: 3 judges, 2 monitors needed

5K City Run: 3 Judges, 2 monitors needed

Kemo Sprint: 2 Judges needed

Relto Island Hop: 2 judges, I Relto host-- Relto host must have a Relto with islands, and be willing to allow Relto for use for the events duration

Capturing Eddie: 1 Official Timekeeper, 1 Coneboy/girl

Cone Balancing Floor Exercise: 3 judges, 1 Coneboy/girl

Ayoheek Tournament: 2 judges, 1 Heek ‘hood coordinator

Gira High Diving: 2 judges, 1 Gira host – Gira must be properly vented for easy access and host must be willing to allow Gira for use for the duration of the event

Gahreesen Wall Climbing: 3 judges, 1 Gahreesen Host – Gahreesen Linking book should be set for the 4th Journey cloth allowing immediate access to the Conference Room

Additionally: We need 4 expert Tent-Climbers and 1 Official Timekeeper for the Tent Climbing Exhibition event – this will not be a medal event but will allow you to show off your expertise. Demonstration will consist of climbing the tent, falling out of the tent and getting out of the tent enclosure.

Note: judges must have read and be familiar with the rules of their respective events. Age hosts must have completed the ages at least up to the point that the venue is found at.

To volunteer:

For All participants except Cone Balancing, please PM either Tyr-anun or Nyrphame Danilaise on the Guild of Greeters forums: http://forums.guildofgreeters.com

For Volunteers for the Cone Balancing Event: Please PM Sudre through the Tapestry Forum:http://forum.urutapestry.com/forum/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: