The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

A Call to Action
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric L
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree. Your improvised packaging is phenomenal. Hopefully the CDs will go quickly.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: 100 CDs In Four Hours!! Reply with quote

I dropped my Vigilante CD display off at Midtown Comics and four days later all 100 CDs that I burned are gone!

My wife and I stopped by there yesterday to pick up my books and check on the display....you know, to see if I needed to do any restocking. Patrick, an employee, the man who was kind enough to give me permission to leave the CDs there in the first place, told me that the CDs were long gone. Went like hotcakes. They didn't even make it to the following weekend!!! Unfortunately, they threw away my display once the CDs were gone. Now keep your fingers crossed some of those people actually buy the game.....

As soon as I finish tPotS I'm going to do it all over again. Seems like a good outlet. Eric, PM me if your offer still stands to supplement my supply. So far, I've enjoyed "Path of the Shell" very much so I'm more determined than ever to fill up my bookcase on Relto!!
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is brilliant news to hear Professor that all the CD's went. Well done.
Ashtar
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: 100 CDs In Four Hours!! Reply with quote

Professor Askew wrote:
I dropped my Vigilante CD display off at Midtown Comics and four days later all 100 CDs that I burned are gone!

That's so cool Professor, great job! I'll be looking on the forums for a new user stating they bought Uru because they grabbed a free demo from Midtown Smile
Eric L
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm a little behind. I wasn't expecting the CDs to disappear quite that fast! I'll be picking up a stack of 8cm discs and jewel cases probably tonight. The labels will take a bit longer to get here, but I should have them ready to send in a few days. I'm going to do them as 8cm discs in jewel cases. Going to have to print the labels in black and white though, because I don't have enough color ink to do a full run in color.

Incidentally, I found a couple sources online for labels. http://www.cdrom2go.com has both labels and applicators, and also does professional duplication (out of my price range, but potentially handy). http://www.meritline.com also has a good stock of labels, and also carries 8cm media.

I've been checking on TPotS sales in my area over the weekend. I'm happy to announce that both Micro Center stores in the Atlanta area are completely sold out. I got some good info from the store in Marietta. Not only did all their stock disappear in one day, but they disappeared THAT MORNING. I checked with their management there, and they said that they typically get somewhere between 10 and 20 copies in a shipment. There was a lot of curiosity about it at the store, so I dropped off a demo CD and a link to the website so the employees could get in on the fun.

Shorah,

Eric
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

Location: Milky Way:Sol System:Earth:North America:USA:Ohio:Cincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwahaha

I had to do some major online hunting to find a boxed set. If anyone is still looking, try Electronics Boutique.
Eric L
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CompUSA had them on Saturday. They were a little slow on the uptick and didn't get them in right away. First time I went by there on Friday they didn't know what I was talking about. Next time I went by they had 8 copies of TPotS and 8 of Complete Chronicles, literally just shelved. If I get the chance, I'll check back and see if they're still there while I'm running around tonight.
Trahald
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

Location: Milky Way:Sol System:Earth:North America:USA:Ohio:Cincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey GD, we're waiting for a picture...

Very Happy
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In our continuing effort to obtain more expansion packs (by any means necessary!!), I suggest EVERYONE who enjoyed tPotS go to every web site that sells it (along with CC) and write a positive review for the site. I've already done it in one or two places and now that I'm done with the XPack, I'm going to hit the rest.

And if you didn't like tPotS............please keep that review to yourself. LOL Wink
NSymon
Friend of The Great Tree
Friend of The Great Tree

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea Professor, and one I've already done by writing a review on Amazon.co.uk for Uru Chronicles, just waiting for them to put it up Smile
Eric L
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started playing TPotS on my laptop in the middle of the food court at CNN Center. I figure that's bound to get some attention at some point. Also, I might have to split the CD's with you, Professor, as I've got a few computer stores in Atlanta that are willing to let me put a display up.

I'm still waiting on the labels. I've got 300 labels coming, but they will not be here until Monday. After that I go into full-scale production. Thankfully I've got a couple really fast CD burners.

Eric
Vormaen
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in.......
Eric L
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Professor, I've got about 20 CD's burned in nice jewel cases so far. I would have had more, but I grabed all of what that particular store had. I should have the labels by tomorrow and I can start printing and mounting them.

I had originally planned on getting a stack of 100 CD's and buy the jewel cases. A stack of 100 8cm CD's came to about $32, and the jewel cases (slim type, kinda flimsy) were $5 for 25. Then I realized that getting the same CD's already in much better jewel cases were $5 for 10, which meant that I got better jewel cases and save about $2 per 100. Now I've just got to go raid the other store in town. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: