The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

ANNOUNCEMENT: Meet the DRC Town Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAGrayWolf
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Meet the DRC Town Hall Reply with quote

"Meet the DRC" *Click on the link to follow the discussion.
Wednesday, April 26th
A time to get to know the members of the DRC: Who they are, how they came to D'ni and more!
All times are Cavern Time/Mountain Daylight Time-US

Session #1
Marie Sutherland - Palmner's Place Neighborhood (122) - 10:00 - 10:30 am (Cavern Time)
Michael Engberg - The Institution Neighborhood (31) - 10:00 - 10:30 am
Dr. Kodama - The Great Tree Neighboorhood (15) - 11:00 - 11:30 am
Victor Laxman - Italian Neighborhood (84)- 11:00 - 11:30 am

Session #2
Marie Sutherland - Uru Obsession Neighborhood (1) - 4:00 - 4:30 pm (Cavern Time)
Michael Engberg - Guild of Greeters Neighborhood (17) - 4:00 - 4:30 pm
Dr. Kodama - The Lyster's Neighbornood (72)- 5:00 - 5:30 pm
Victor Laxman - Amber Horizons (47) - 5:00 - 5:30 pm

PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
There will be a temporary cap on hood capacity of 30, and the hood will be set to "private" 5 minutes after start, to cut down on overcrowding, linking errors, and time distortions. Come early.

A member of the Liasion team will be on hand to get everyone settled and discuss the rules.

BASIC RULES:
Questions on the stated topic only.
Indicate you have a question by waving your hand. The DRCL will keep a running list, and call on people in order.
No extra chat, please.

KNOW YOUR TIME ZONE:
Cavern Time is GMT-6 (adjusted for DST)

The meetings start at 16:00 GMT; to determine the time in your area, please check HERE. This site automatically adjusts for Daylight Savings Time.

Last edited by CAGrayWolf on Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!

ahem

I mean, this sounds wonderful. I believe I can attend the latter meeting if I'm reading the times right.
CAGrayWolf
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REVISION TO SCHEDULE:
To better facilitate meetings and which neighborhood is hosting, we changed the format so that our European explorers will host all the morning meetings and our North American explorers will host the afternoon meetings. This will better support the difference with time zones.

[EDIT]Italian Neighborhood (84) and Uru Obsession Neighborhood (1) have been switched. Smile
[EDIT]EDEN Gira Neighborhood (57) has been replaced with Amber Horizons (47)
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't having Liasons great! Can you imagine the nightmare organising this kinda thing amognst the community at large would be.

I'm gonna try and make it to the Great Tree hosted meeting but I'm torn about what one to attend in the afternoon...

Anyway a big thanks CAGrayWolf and the other liasons you're doing a great job!
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Will we get to know the meeting topics ahead of time? I have a few specific questions and it'd be nice to know which meetings would be most appropriate to ask them at.

Albeit I think I can take a wild guess at what the meeting in the GT 'hood will be about!
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcosgrove,

If you can make it to the GT hosted meeting, you'll probably be the one doing the hosting Smile
CAGrayWolf
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycreim wrote:
Awesome! Will we get to know the meeting topics ahead of time? I have a few specific questions and it'd be nice to know which meetings would be most appropriate to ask them at.

Albeit I think I can take a wild guess at what the meeting in the GT 'hood will be about!

I believe this meeting is more a "meet and greet" type meeting. Like a "get to know you" type format. Eleri is handling many of the specifics with this. Future meetings will undoubtedly be more topic specific. Right now, we are still working on a format that will work for everyone. So expect trial and error here. Very Happy Once these first set of meetings are finished we will have a for better idea of what does and doesn't work and will make changes accordingly. Smile
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent Wolfie a PM today. Here is the bulk of it:

Quote:
I just wanted to mention something for future Town Hall Meetings that are to take place in the Great Tree Hood. Most, if not all, members of the Great Tree reside in North America. And I believe that most of them reside west of the Mississippi. I'm not sure any members will be able to welcome anyone on Wednesday due to the time slot. Daniel Cosgrove mentioned that he will try. I, myself, will have to attend one of the meetings scheduled for the end of the day. Going forward, you may want to save the Great Tree for evening sessions.

Also, and this one is trickier, you might want to get sign-ups for these meetings in advance so there's no need to rush and people can plan accordingly. I will be leaving work a half hour early to attend (which I don't mind) but I would feel better knowing ahead of time that I had a guaranteed space at the meeting. Theoretically, I run the risk of getting home 15 minutes before the meeting starts only to find out that the Hood(s) are full. That would be a drag.

He's already written me back and plans on passing these issues on to the other liaisons for further discussion.

Thanks, CA!
Halvor
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to be there.

BTW, can someone send me a KI invitation to the hood so that I can visit it even if it gets set it to private again?
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darnit! There goes my chance to monopolise the hosting of GT-DRC meetings Razz

Will be sure to get a log and if I do turn out to be the only GT member in attendence will do my best to not let the side down. Do you want me to say anything specfic, like a pre-written welcome or something?
Anna Catherine
Folklorist
Folklorist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be at the meeting in the Great Tree unless someone decides to hire me in the meantime (which is probably unlikely.)

I just need to try to figure out the timezone thing... how does Cavern Time compare to GMT? Which Mountains are we talking about? Wink

Annacat
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ghaelen
Veteran Explorer
Veteran Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm planning to go to the GT meeting and I happen to be in Europe right now so for me it's great. Wink

So I hope there is I make it and there is room even tho I'm not an official member of the GT hood.
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys...

I can't find my Relto book.

This is serious. I think someone may have stolen it.

I'm hoping you guys get this in time. I may not be able to make the meetings, but I'm turning this place inside out trying to find that book. I'm only assuming they didn't link with it. If you see anyone in the Ages I've passed invites out to, and they aren't wearing a Relto book, you'll know what happened...
dcos
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! Thats terrible news, I'll keep a look out in the ages of yours which I have access to when I have a spare moment. Hope you find it soon.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very distressing, indeed. I'll do what I can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Cavern All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: