The Great Tree Forum Index The Great Tree
still kickin'

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Poster ListPoster List   Member ListMember List  UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Links:   great tree   uru live   uru obsession   drc site  

Documentaries:    learn the story of the great tree

Episode One - "November 2003"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you're probably right, CJ. Wink

Something's conspiring against me! Mad

I can build 'em! I just can't fix 'em! Go figure.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent another PM to Dusante, this time on UO. His e-mail at hotmail is not working. I've also put out feelers to try to locate other Prologue participants who were present at important events. I have posted messages at UruObsession, UruLive, and CyanWorld (D'ni Guild) forums. If I should add anyone to the list of "Can we find these people?", let me know here. If there are any forums that these people might attend, while not also attending UO, UL, and/or the DG forums, please suggest where else I should spread the word.

Thanks!
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten, I just read your post over at UruLive. Very well written. Thank you.

I hope to have most of my PC woes addressed by the end of tonight. Keep your fingers crossed, everyone.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no response from Dusante, so apparently I will have to give him a phone call. I've gotten a few leads from my posts on other places to look for people (such as the Ubi forums) so I will soon expand my search for lost explorers. I'm also done doing music videos for a while (really this time, I swear) and I'm ready to focus on this project.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to get too off topic here but.....

Marten, I really enjoyed that most recent video. Very entertaining. Kudos.

Now, back to the story of The Great Tree......
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Well, my technical issues continue preventing me from getting into Uru for longer than five or ten minutes at a clip. Obviously this is not conducive to this project.

The tentative GOOD NEWS is that I have ordered a much more powerful (SLI Certified) power supply and two more gigs of RAM. After completing my research, it appears that this video issue has popped up before for others and many of them were due to inadequate power to the video cards. I should have the new stuff in the machine by the end of Tuesday or Wednesday. Keep your fingers crossed. This project has been delayed long enough.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE 2:

I don't want to get too excited here but I believe the steps I listed on the post above may have done the trick. My twin video cards seem very happy to have the support of the new 650W power supply and the two gigs of Corsair memory.

I'm going to try and get as much filming done between now and Mysterium as possible. It's a long shot, I know, but it's worth a try.

Marten, I will speak with you ASAP.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update for everyone:

As Professor Askew is still having computer problems (the power supply did not solve the issue), I'd like to know if I can get Cycreim (in costume), and Zardoz, both online tomorrow night (Wednesday) at 7pm Pacific time.

I will need you for 1 hour in Eder Kemo. No more than that. If Cycreim is travelling, perhaps I can get another person to stand in for Mr. Henderson. I just need one Phil-a-like.

The idea is to do a quick preview of what we're trying to accomplish, so that we have something to show people during Mysterium and so that our project doesn't look stillborn.

(Pssst. Also, what do I need to do so that Zardoz sees this?)
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Marten, I'm out of the Cavern, it's a bit too soon before Mysterium... you'll need another Phil for the time being.
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten, PM Zardoz at UO as well. That'll help. I had asked him about his schedule up to last night so you'll have to try and reach him about tonight.

Thanks for stepping up, Marten. Even if you could put together a quick "Coming Soon" teaser, that would be great. See if you could get that long shot of the Library. Maybe follow our "Explorer" around from the script. Maybe cut some stills into it of Henderson...Sharper. Whatever's possible.

And I WILL be pestering a few people at Mysterium about my PC woes...cause I just can't figure it out. Sad
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea how either henderson or sharper are supposed to be dressed. I need reference material!
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Sharper:
http://www.thegreattree.com/tree/modules.php?set_albumName=album02&id=sharper_in_egg_room&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

And here's Phil:
http://www.thegreattree.com/tree/modules.php?set_albumName=album02&id=PhilHenderson&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

And here's the iconic Fioca sit-in photo. This event does not actually take place in Episode One but since you're working on a teaser you might want to include it:
http://www.thegreattree.com/tree/modules.php?set_albumName=album02&id=BrianFiocaSitIn&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Phil's got the pony-tail hairstyle and I believe he's got the full beard. Sharper's a little easier to make out. If you have any trouble with the links, I found these pics in the Great Tree website gallery. There might be some decent pics over at DPWR, too.

Thanks again, Marten. Don't sweat it if this isn't do-able in time. We all appreciate the effort.
Durin Mephit
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

And Zardoz is available tonight, so that's good.

Looks like I'll need to bring FilmMaker onto D'mala shard tonight Smile
Professor Askew
Great Tree Member
Great Tree Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marten, I may show up later in the evening to provide moral support and maybe even help if possible. I'll have FRAPS running in the background.

HOWEVER, after I lock up three times I don't return. Sometimes I last two minutes...sometimes ten. We'll see.

OR I could be too busy packing for Mysterium. Wink
Cycreim
Great Tree Officer
Great Tree Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil has a ponytail... Or he did at the time, anyway. It's not immediately obvious from the pictures but that's the deal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Great Tree Forum Index -> The Story of The Great Tree All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 5 of 15

Jump to: